Her Majesty’s naval base (HMNB) Rosyth Royal dockyard

Rosyth is a long established naval dockyard built between 1909 and 1915. It covers 127 ha and is located on the north side of the Firth of Forth in Fife (Fig 17.1). The dockyard became involved with nuclear operations in 1960 with the start of support services to the Royal Navy’s nuclear submarines. Some support work continued until 2003 although since 1993 the main support services have been provided at Devonport in England. In 1997 the dockyard was sold to Babcock International which now holds the nuclear site licence. The nuclear decommissioning liability is still retained by the MoD.

Добавить комментарий

Ваш e-mail не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *